Background Image for Header:
2019 Math Placement test (ALEKS)
What you need to know:
- Students who are interested in taking dual credit College Algebra will go to the ACCESS - Apply Page website and complete steps 1 and 2 of the application process.
- Students must take the online practice attempt in their high schools prior to participating in the school proctored assessment. This score WILL NOT count as an official score.
- Calculators will not be permitted unless provided within the online test itself.
- Students will receive their score immediately. ALEKS also provides a summary of strengths and weaknesses as well as prep and learning modules that must be completed before the next test. After completing the modules, students take the proctored test for an official score.This score WILL be counted.
- If a third attempt is necessary, students will need to come to Morgantown to complete the ALEKS.
- For questions about the test please visit the math department website: ALEKS FAQ.
What score is acceptable?
- Students must make an ALEKS score of (30-44) to be eligible to take college algebra.
- Students must also have a “C” or better in their required HS math classes (Math I, II, III; Or, Alg. I, II and Geometry).
- Students with an ACT of (19-21) or SAT of (510-560) can submit their official scores to WVU in place of the ALEKS test.
Who do I contact with questions about ALEKS?
- Please direct questions to the Math Department Program by calling 304-293-2011.
- Access students are given the same testing opportunities and must meet the same prerequisite as traditional on-campus students. The ALEKS score becomes an official part of the WVU student record.