Background Image for Header:
***WVU has extended alternative delivery of classes through the end of the Spring semester. Visit coronavirus.wvu.edu for the latest updates and view a message from President Gee at go.wvu.edu/wvucovid.***
You may still apply to the High School ACCESS Program for Summer and Fall 2020 semesters below.
To enroll in the High School ACCESS Early College Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school or home-schooled Sophomore, Junior or Senior during the semester when the desired course is offered.
- Home-schooled students must submit their academic transcripts.
- Hold a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Obtain parent/guardian permission.
- Some courses require students to complete a mathematics placement test, or to have a current ACT/SAT score sent to WVU when applying.
APPLICATION START AND END DATES:
Deadline for Spring 2020: APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Deadline for Summer 2020: Opens on March 2, 2020 and will close on June 22, 2020.
Deadline for Fall 2020: Opens on March 2, 2020 and will close on August 14, 2020.
To Apply for WVU Courses:
Step 1: Complete Online Application
- CLICK HERE to complete the online application. (Select the application for the WVU Morgantown Campus, not Potomac State or WVU-TECH).
- All brand new students must apply using Steps 1 & 2. When the site loads, click on "Sign Up" to get started. You must enter your full name and an email address that has not been used with WVU before. The email address you enter will be unique to this application only.
- There is never an application fee when you apply to the High School ACCESS program at WVU. If you have mistakenly submitted a payment during the initial application process, please email the HS ACCESS office at email@example.com
Step 2: Complete and Return Enrollment Authorization Form
After completing the online application, prospective students must complete the EnrollmentAuthorizationForm and send it to High School ACCESS through one of the following methods.
- Mailed to: High School ACCESS Early College Program- P.O. Box 6212, Morgantown, WV 26506
- Scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to: (304) 293-2516
- Once a student is admitted and registered for classes during the Fall semester, they will remain active in our system for the Spring semester. As a returning HS ACCESS student, you will only need to submit a signed Enrollment Authorization Form with your next sequence of classes listed and updated GPA.
'Claim Your Account' After You Have Been Officially Admitted:
Prepare to be a West Virginia University student!
- Claim Your Account. In order to activate your WVU student account, you will need your WVU Student Identification Number, MIX email address, and username. Then go to Login Self Service and click on where it states “Claim Account.” Follow the steps to creating your master password.
- Your WVU username and master password will log you into the required WVU systems you will need throughout the semester.
DUO 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS NOW REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS! How to Enroll in Duo Two-Factor Authentication: Click on the link: twofactor.wvu.edu
You will need a computer and a Smartphone for this step. You must download the free DUO App from your App Store.
Please be advised that once you have claimed your account and created your master password, you are active in the system. You will have to log out of the browser and computer you are using, wait a few moments, then try to log back in on a separate computer, device, or in a different browser in order for DUO to be prompted. This is when you will sync up your DUO App to your computer or device.
- If you are in need of assistance, please be sure to contact us at email@example.com or call (304) 293-9420.
Submitting a Payment (after you are registered for a course):Important Notice: You cannot make a payment for a course until you are officially accepted as a WVU student and enrolled/registered for that semester. No forms of payment will be accepted prior to meeting each of these criteria. Once admitted and enrolled, students will receive a confirmation email with their 'Getting Started' information.
To pay online follow the steps below:
- Click on the link: https://portal.wvu.edu/
- Sign in using your WVU issued Username and Password associated with your account
- Click on the “STAR” tab
- Under the main menu, click on the “Student Services and Housing Link”
- Click on the “Student Accounts” link
- Click on the "Make A Payment” link
- Select the Term and scroll to the bottom and click “Pay Now”
- All payment options can be made through the student's WVU Portal.
If you are experiencing trouble with making a payment, or are interested in finding out more about payment plan options, select the "Contact Us" tab on the Mountaineer HUB website, then select "Request Assistance Now." Here is the website: http://mountaineerhub.wvu.edu/WVU Bookstore Website: http://wvu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TBWizardView?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=15062