Background Image for Header:
To enroll in the High School ACCESS Early College Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school or home-schooled Junior or Senior during the semester when the desired course is offered.
- High school sophomores must obtain special permission.
- Hold a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Obtain parent/guardian permission.
- Some courses require students to complete a mathematics placement test, or to have a current ACT/SAT score sent to WVU when applying.
APPLICATION START AND END DATES:
Deadline for Spring 2019: Application opens October 15, 2018 and closes on January 1, 2019
Deadline for Summer 2019: Application opens:TBA
Deadline for Fall 2019: Application opens: TBA
To Apply for WVU Courses:
Step 1: Complete Online Application
- CLICK HERE to complete the online application.
Step 2: Complete and Return Enrollment Authorization Form
- After completing the online application, prospective students must complete the EnrollmentAuthorizationForm and send it to High School ACCESS through one of the following methods.
- Mailed to: High School ACCESS Early College Program- P.O. Box 6212, Morgantown, WV 26506
- Scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to: (304) 293-4365
After Completing the Application Process:
Prepare to be a West Virginia University student!
- Activate Your Account. In order to activate your WVU student account, you will need your WVU Student Identification Number, MIX email address, and username. Then go to Login Self Service and click on where it states “Claim Account.” Follow the steps to creating your password.
DUO 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS NOW REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS!
*** How to Enroll in Duo Two-Factor Authentication: Click on the link below***
- If you are in need of assistance, please be sure to contact us at email@example.com or call (304) 293-9420.
Submitting a Payment (after you are registered):Important Notice: You cannot make a payment for a course(s) until officially accepted as a WVU student and enrolled/registered in a course(s). No forms of payment will be accepted prior to meeting each of these criteria. Once admitted and enrolled, students will receive a confirmation email with the following information:
To pay online follow the steps below:
- Click on the link: https://portal.wvu.edu/
- Sign in using your WVU issued Username and Password associated with your account
- Click on the “STAR” tab
- Under the main menu, click on the “Student Services and Housing Link”
- Click on the “Student Accounts” link
- Click on the "Make A Payment” link
- Select the Term and scroll to the bottom and click “Pay Now”
- All payments must be made through the student's WVU Portal.
If you are experiencing trouble with making a payment, or are interested in finding out more about payment plan options, select the "Contact Us" tab on the Mountaineer HUB website, then select "Request Assistance Now." Here is the website: http://mountaineerhub.wvu.edu/WVU Bookstore Website: http://wvu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TBWizardView?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=15062