Background Image for Header:
College Courses for High School Students
Students may take non-restricted courses between 100-299 level during the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters (English: ENGL 101 or 102 are NOT permitted for the high school students through the WVU Main Campus.)
- Fall semester (August - December)
- Spring semester (January - April)
- Summer terms (May-June; June-August)
During the Fall and Spring semester, most courses are 16 weeks long. The Summer term is divided into two sessions. Students may take courses during either session.
To search for classes each semester, please go to
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO SEARCH FOR 100-299 LEVEL CLASSES:
1. Choose your SEMESTER (i.e. Spring, Summer, Fall).
2. Plug in your SUBJECTS to view, or leave it blank to view ALL subjects from A-W. (Remember, you are only reviewing courses between 100-299 level, but you will see all available undergraduate courses for WVU in that semester.)
3. Select the SCHEDULE TYPE (if ONLINE, select "Web Based"). Leave blank for On-campus courses.
4. Choose the CAMPUS: WVU Main Campus Course Only.
5. Select SEARCH at the bottom.
You may also filter for specific General Education Foundation (GEF) courses under ATTRIBUTES before searching. Please review all RESTRICTIONS and/or PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS for the classes you want to take each semester.
Helpful Resources for Students: Understanding In-Person, Online, Asynchronous/Synchronous Course Delivery Formats, and much more.: https://onlinestudents.wvu.edu/course-delivery-formats
Find Your Textbooks on the WVU Bookstore Website:
Please note that required textbooks, access codes, lab kits, or other course materials are NOT included in the reduced tuition cost. Students and parents are solely responsible for these expenses when applicable.