Background Image for Header:
The HS ACCESS-Morgantown Early College Program enables you to reach your academic goals quicker and cheaper by taking West Virginia University courses at a reduced tuition while you are still in high school. These courses can be taken completely online or during the school day in participating high schools. Additionally, HS ACCESS will provide a support network for you whether you take courses online or in your high school. A student support coach will mentor and guide you in the transition to college study. Your classes will be taught by trained college instructors or high school teachers.
Students who are currently being home-schooled must still apply online by following Steps 1 & 2 of the application process. The HS ACCESS program MUST have your printed academic transcript to accompany your Enrollment Authorization Form upon applying. Your home-school teacher or educational coordinator's signature will be required on the enrollment form to verify your GPA and current academic standing.
ACCESS WVU Tuition
When WVU courses are offered to high school students, a reduced tuition structure is applied. The high school tuition for each academic term is only $25 per credit hour for ALL students.
High school students have multiple options for enrolling in West Virginia University courses:
- Online: Self-motivated high school students can enroll in a select set of college courses completely online – 24/7, anywhere they have access to high speed internet.
- On-Campus: High school students within commuting distance of WVU's Downtown and Evansdale campuses can enroll in courses on campus along with traditional college students.
- In Partnering High Schools: Select courses are taught in high schools during the regularly scheduled school day for both high school and college credit (Dual Enrollment).
Click on the buttons below to view courses that are available for the upcoming semester.
Benefits of HS ACCESS Courses
- You can earn anywhere between 2 and 24 hours of college credit, online or in your high school.
- Online courses provide flexible options for completing coursework.
- WVU holds regional and many specialized accreditations. Thus, credits can transfer to a majority of colleges and universities nationwide.
- Learn to be successful in collegiate level courses.