Background Image for Header:
The HS ACCESS-Morgantown Early College Program enables you to reach your academic goals quicker and cheaper by taking West Virginia University courses at a reduced tuition while you are still in high school. These courses can be taken completely online, on WVU's Main Campus, or during the school day in participating high schools. Additionally, HS ACCESS will provide a support network for you whether you take courses online or in your high school. Your classes will be taught by trained college instructors or high school teachers.
Students who are currently being home-schooled must still apply online by following Steps 1 & 2 of the application process. The HS ACCESS program MUST have your printed academic transcript to accompany your Enrollment Authorization Form upon applying. Your home-school teacher or educational coordinator's signature will be required on the enrollment form to verify your GPA and current academic standing.
West Virginia University and Raise.MeRaiseMe is a newly launched college preparedness and scholarship tracking program designed to encourage high school students to start thinking about paying for college before they ever apply. By creating a free online profile similar to that of other social platforms, students in grades eight through twelve are able to input their academic, personal, professional, and recreational achievements to track their earning potential toward microscholarship dollars at WVU (and other institutions).
High School ACCESS Tuition
When WVU courses are offered to high school students, a reduced tuition structure is applied. The high school tuition for each academic term is only $25 per credit hour for ALL students. There is never an application fee when you apply to the High School ACCESS program at WVU.
Please note that required textbooks, access codes, lab kits, or other course materials are NOT included in the reduced tuition cost. Students and parents are solely responsible for these expenses when applicable.
Available Courses to Guide Your Pathway
High school students have multiple options for enrolling in West Virginia University courses:
- Online: Self-motivated high school students can enroll in a select set of college courses completely online – 24/7, anywhere they have access to high speed internet.
- On-Campus: High school students within commuting distance of WVU's Downtown and Evansdale campuses can enroll in courses on campus along with traditional college students.
- In Partnering High Schools: Select courses are taught in high schools during the regularly scheduled school day for both high school and college credit (Dual Enrollment).
Click on the buttons below to view courses that are available for the upcoming semester.
Explore the Benefits of Taking High School ACCESS Courses at WVU!
- Regardless of your location within the United States, participating students have the ability to take their required STEM, General Education Foundation (GEF), Foreign Language, major and minor courses all year around, or until they graduate from high school.
- Students can earn anywhere between 1 and 24 hours of college credit, online, on WVU's Main Campus, or in your high school or homeschooling program.
- Online courses provide flexible options for completing coursework from anywhere with internet access.
- Experienced HS ACCESS students have the ability to petition for classes above 299-level on a case-by-case basis. All requests must be accompanied by official documentation, recommendations, and/or all eligible scores, grades, credits, and academic transcripts for further course consideration and approval.
- WVU holds regional and many specialized accreditations. Thus, credits can transfer to a majority of colleges and universities nationwide. (WVU may accept official transfer credits, scores, and grades when prerequisite requirements are necessary for course registration each semester.)
- Learn to be successful in collegiate level courses, and discover the resources and support tools that are available to participating students.
- Enjoy certain WVU student activities, events, services, and programs throughout the semester.