Background Image for Hero:
Take the First Step
The journey to a bachelor’s degree begins in high school for many Mountaineers. You can enroll in WVU courses online, on campus, or on-site in many high schools around the stateStart Earning College Credits in High School
Courses in Your School
Let's get started!
WVU HS ACCESS will remain teleworking into the Spring 2021 semester. Please contact us via email. Visit https://www.wvu.edu/return-to-campus for the latest updates and 'WVU Return to Campus' procedures.
Welcome to the High School ACCESS Early College Program at West Virginia University
Mountaineers Go First!
HS ACCESS covers classes throughout the whole state and contiguous states. Traditional high school or home-schooled 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students are eligible to take our on-campus, online, and dual credit classes coordinated within the high school. Students who register through HS ACCESS are working with courses offered by the WVU Main Campus.
The first step toward becoming an ACCESS student is to discuss your current academic goals and scheduling options with your parents and your high school guidance counselors.
- Are you a current high school or home-schooled Sophomore, Junior, or Senior?
- Do you want to challenge yourself by getting a jump start on your college career and experience?
- Do you currently hold a 3.0 cumulative grade point average?
- Are you interested in variety of college-level courses that are delivered online, on-campus, or in your high school?
- Morgantown offers the flexibility of taking courses on campus, online, and within your high school.
- HS ACCESS tuition is only $25 per credit hour for ALL students.
- WVU's accredited courses can be transferred to other institutions of higher learning across the U.S.
- Courses will fulfill General Education Foundation (GEF) requirements.
- Taking HS ACCESS courses will help you to build micro-scholarship dollars on Raise.Me
HS ACCESS Social Media Resources:
Important Information For High School Dual Credit Facilitators:
- Please contact HS ACCESS for assistance with the WVU eCampus Blackboard system prior to the start of each semester.
- You must obtain your personal WVU log-in credentials for the dual credit courses that you are teaching within your high school in order to log into the system to get started.
To CLAIM YOUR ACCOUNT, please go to https://login.wvu.edu/self-service/. Click on "Claim Account."
To Locate Your WVU ID #: Select the "Self Service Tools" tab, then click on "Forgot your WVU ID."
ALEKS Math Placement Test: Click here for more information. https://www.access.wvu.edu/courses/aleks