Background Image for Hero:
Take the First Step
The journey to a bachelor’s degree begins in high school for many Mountaineers. You can enroll in WVU courses online, on campus, or on-site in many high schools around the stateStart Earning College Credits in High School
Courses in Your School
Mountaineers Go First! Let's get started!
High School ACCESS-Morgantown
Come be a part of the bigger picture!
What you need to know about the High School ACCESS Early College Program: Morgantown, West Virginia
HS ACCESS-Morgantown covers classes throughout the whole state and contiguous states. Traditional high school students or home-schooled students are eligible to take our on-campus, online, and dual credit classes coordinated within the high school. Students who register through HS ACCESS-Morgantown are working with courses offered by the main campus (rather than our affiliates like WVU Tech or Potomac State). Whether online, on-campus, or in your school, the Morgantown designation indicates which campus is your choice and home base for HS classes.The first step toward becoming an ACCESS student is to discuss your current academic goals and scheduling options with your parents and your high school guidance counselors.
- Are you a current high school or home-schooled Junior or Senior?
- Do you want to challenge yourself by getting a jump start on your college career and experience?
- Do you currently hold a 3.0 cumulative grade point average?
- Are you interested in variety of college-level courses that are delivered online, on-campus, or in your high school?
- Morgantown offers the flexibility of taking courses on campus, online, and within your high school.
- WVU's accredited courses can be transferred to all other state institutions of higher learning.
- Courses will fulfill General Education requirements.
- Taking HS ACCESS courses will help you to build micro-scholarship dollars on Raise.Me
WVU Majors: Take a peek at the many majors WVU has to offer: http://majors.wvu.edu/
Mountaineer Hub: WVU's centralized location for Student Accounts, Academic Information, Financial Aid, and more: http://mountaineerhub.wvu.edu/
WVU Calendar: Stay up to date with WVU holiday closings, important dates and deadlines, mid-term and final exam schedules, and much more: https://calendar.wvu.edu/
ALEKS 2018 Math Placement test
Click here for more information. https://www.access.wvu.edu/courses/aleks
- Please contact HS ACCESS for assistance with the WVU eCampus Blackboard system prior to the start of each semester.
- You must obtain your personal WVU log-in credentials for the dual credit courses that you are teaching within your high school in order to log into the system to get started.
Find Your WVU ID
Students: If you don’t know your WVU ID, you can look it up by going to https://login.wvu.edu/self-service Select the "Self Service Tools" tab, then click on "Forgot your WVU ID."