Background Image for Header:
*** WVU HS ACCESS will remain teleworking. Please contact us via email. Visit https://www.wvu.edu/return-to-campus for the latest updates and 'WVU Return to Campus' procedures.***
Eligible students can only apply during the posted application periods below. When the application period officially ends, you must wait until Steps 1 and 2 reopen to apply for the next semester. Once they are available, the dates and deadlines will be posted for the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters during the academic year.
To enroll in the High School ACCESS Early College Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school or home-schooled Sophomore, Junior or Senior during the semester when the desired course is offered.
- Home-schooled students must submit their academic transcripts.
- Hold a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Obtain parent/guardian permission (their signature is required on the Enrollment Authorization Form.)
- Some courses require students to have a current ACT/SAT score, or to complete the ALEKS placement test in order to meet certain prerequisite requirements prior to course registration. All official scores must be visible in the WVU system before the add/drop period ends for that semester.
APPLICATION START AND END DATES:
Deadline for Spring 2023: TBA
Deadline for Summer 2023: TBA
Deadline for Fall 2023: TBA
To Apply for WVU Courses:
Step 1: Complete Online Application
- CLICK HERE to complete the online application. (Select the WVU Morgantown Campus, not Potomac State or WVU-TECH.)
- Click Step 1: the Online Application.
- Click on Sign Up!
- Plug in your first and last name, then an email address that has never been used with WVU before. You must use a brand new email address that is unique to this application only. Please do not use any previous log in credentials of any kind. You are applying as a brand new student each academic semester or term.
- Click on the “I am not a robot” box, then it will tell you to verify the new email address.
- After the verification process, you can proceed with the application for the 'WVU MAIN CAMPUS' as a WVU High School ACCESS Student.
- You will receive a "100% COMPLETE" notice once it has been successfully submitted. All accounts will remain pending without Steps 1 & 2 in place. You will receive confirmation directly from the HS ACCESS Office when all steps have been fully received.
- There is never an application fee when you apply to the High School ACCESS program at WVU. If you have mistakenly submitted a payment during the initial application process, please email the HS ACCESS office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Complete and Return Enrollment Authorization Form (Please EMAIL US your Enrollment Forms until further notice.)
After completing the online application, prospective students must complete the EnrollmentAuthorizationForm and send it to High School ACCESS through one of the following methods. All accounts will remain pending without Steps 1 & 2 in place.
- Mailed to: High School ACCESS Early College Program- P.O. Box 6212, Morgantown, WV 26506
- Scanned and emailed to: email@example.com
- Faxed to: (304) 293-2516 (PLEASE EMAIL US)
- Once a student is admitted and registered for classes during the Fall semester, they will remain active in our system for the Spring semester. As a returning HS ACCESS student, you will only need to submit a signed Enrollment Authorization Form with your next sequence of classes listed and updated GPA.
How to 'Claim Your Account' After You Have Been Officially Admitted!
Prepare to be a West Virginia University student!
- Claim Your Account. In order to activate your WVU student account, you will need your WVU Student Identification Number, MIX email address, and username. Then go to Login Self Service and click on where it states “Claim Account.” Follow the steps to create your master password.
- (Please note that there could be a slight delay with your WVU credentials syncing up in the system if you are newly admitted and have received your confirmation email from the HS ACCESS Office. You can try again within 24-hours to proceed with this step.)
- Your WVU username and master password will log you into the required WVU systems you will need throughout the semester.
- WV Dual Credit MATH Students: If you are preparing for the WVU ALEKS Placement Test, you will log into eCampus: ecampus.wvu.edu to click on the ALEKS link to begin. You must use your WVU credentials to log in after you have officially claimed your account.
DUO 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS NOW REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS! How to Enroll in Duo Two-Factor Authentication: Click on the link: twofactor.wvu.edu
You will need a computer and a Smartphone for this step. You must download the free DUO App from your App Store.
Please be advised that once you have claimed your account and created your master password, you are active in the system. You will have to log out of the browser and computer you are using, wait a few moments, then try to log back in on a separate computer, device, or in a different browser in order for DUO to be prompted. This is when you will sync up your DUO App to your computer or device.
- If you are in need of assistance, please be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (304) 293-9420. (PLEASE EMAIL US)
Submitting a Payment (after you are registered for a course):Important Notice: You cannot make a payment for a course until you are officially accepted as a WVU student and enrolled/registered for that semester. No forms of payment will be accepted prior to meeting each of these criteria. Once admitted and enrolled, students will receive a confirmation email with their 'Getting Started' information.
To pay online follow the steps below:
- Sign into your WVU Portal: https://portal.wvu.edu/ using your WVU issued Username and Password associated with your account.
- Once logged in, click on the "PAY YOUR BILL HERE!" button to access your “WVU MyAccount”.
- Please access the Student Tutorial if you are logging into the WVU MyAccount for the first time to set yourself up as an “Authorized User.” Tutorials | Student Accounts | West Virginia University (wvu.edu)
- All payments must be made through the student's WVU Portal/WVU MyAccount or mailed to WVU Student Accounts: https://studentaccounts.wvu.edu/contact-us
If you are experiencing trouble with making a payment, or are interested in finding out more about payment plan options, select the "Contact Us" tab on the Mountaineer HUB website, then select "Request Assistance Now." Here is the website: http://mountaineerhub.wvu.edu/WVU Bookstore Website: http://wvu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TBWizardView?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=15062