To enroll in the ACCESS WVU Early College Program, you must meet the following requirements
- Be a high school Junior or Senior during the semester when the desired course is offered.
- High school sophomores must obtain special permission.
- Hold a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Obtain parent/guardian permission.
- Some courses require students to complete a mathematics placement test.
*Deadline: Fall 2017 - August 11th
To Apply for WVU Courses:
Step 1: Complete Online Application
- CLICK HERE to complete the online application.
Step 2: Complete and Return Enrollment Authorization Form
- After completing the online application, prospective students must complete the EnrollmentAuthorizationForm and send it to ACCESS WVU through one of the following methods.
- Mailed to: ACCESS WVU Early College Program- P.O. Box 6212, Morgantown, WV 26506
- Scanned and emailed to: email@example.com
- Faxed to: (304) 293-4365
After Completing the Application Process:
Prepare to be a West Virginia University Student
- Active Your Account. In order to activate your WVU student account, you will need to have your acceptance letter which includes your WVU Student Identification Number, MIX email address, and username. Then go to Login Self Service and click on where it states “Claim Account.” Follow the steps to creating your password.
- If you are in need of assistance, please be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (304) 293-9420.
Submit Payment** Important Note: You cannot make a payment for a course(s) until officially accepted as a WVU student and enrolled/registered in a course(s). No forms of payment will be accepted prior to meeting each of these criteria. Once admitted and enrolled, students will receive a confirmation email and can than follow the steps below:
- Students/parents/guardians can electronically make a payment through the STAR system by credit card or an electronic check by logging into the student’s WVU Portal account. The system is available nearly 24 hours a day and all payments are posted in real-time. Online payment is secure, fast, and easy!
To pay online follow the steps below:
- Click on the link: https://portal.wvu.edu/
- Sign in using your WVU issued Username and Password associated with your account
- Click on the “STAR” tab
- Under the main menu, click on the “Student Services and Housing Link”
- Click on the “Student Accounts” link
- Click on the “Electronic Bill by Term/Make Payment” link
- Select the Term and scroll to the bottom and click “Pay Now”
- If you need help making an electronic payment through STAR, please visit the Student Accounts website at: http://studentaccounts.wvu.edu/billing
Be sure to contact the Student Accounts office at (304) 293-4006 if you are experiencing trouble with making a payment or are interested in finding out more about a payment plan option